Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Textured Fingerless Gloves

With a vast amount of resources online, starting on a new project is quite easy.  From blogs to videos to tutorials, you can find anything that your creativity fancies without much trouble. Once in a while though, I find interesting knitting patterns in books. I am very fond of knitted accessories and I incorporate these stitches to make small and quick projects such as gloves.

If you like textures and colors in your knitting, check out the book The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting by Margaret Hubert. The patterns are for all knitters, with skill levels varying from easy to intermediate to experienced.
 
This first pair was made using the twisted rib. I used two colors just to break the monotony, not that it's dull. I think the white border gave it more depth and variation, wouldn't you say?


A close up of how the twists are formed

Switching colors

 



This pair was knitted using a combination of the basic rib stitch and linen stitch. I knitted two squares and for each square, I sewed the two sides together, leaving a hole for the thumbs. For a photo tutorial of how to make thumb holes for these, check out my other blog post: How to Make a Thumb Hole for Fingerless Mittens.
 

A close up of the rib stitch/linen stitch combination

A finished square




Both of these gloves were finished within a week. I will be posting more of my knitted pieces using some pretty textures from this book. Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.

Thanks for visiting!

Full credit for the patterns/stitches used go to the respective author and publishers.
  

3 comments:

  1. I am a beginner in knitting and my next project will be these gloves. Although, I really do not Know how to make that hole for the thumb. Hope I'll manage it somehow.But, your gloves are really wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasna! Thank you for your comment. Making the hole for the thumb is actually simple. I hope you will find this post useful:

    http://knitsandberries.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-make-thumb-hole-for-fingerless.html

    I hope you enjoy knitting and let me know if I can help with anything.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the new working link for the thumb hole tutorial: http://shelahknits.blogspot.com/2015/03/how-to-make-thumb-hole-for-fingerless.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave your comment(s) here.